Werner von der Ohe (Soziologe)
Von der Ohe studied, received his doctorate (Dr. rer. pol.) and habilitated. In 1991, he was appointed associate professor at the sociological institute of the Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität in Munich.
Von der Ohe died in a robbery outside his home in Nairobi, Kenya, where he had been providing development assistance as an adviser to the Ministry of Agriculture on behalf of the Gesellschaft für Technische Zusammenarbeit since 1994.
Von der Ohe was married and had one son.
- Power, dependence, interdependence: an analysis of the aggregate-level meaning of these terms, Berlin: Internat. Inst. of Management, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin 1977
- Serendipity, Some Conditions of Determination of Innovations in the Sociology of Science, Berlin: Internat. Inst. of Management, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin 1977
- with Wolfgang Fritscher (ed.): Munich Contributions to Development Sociology, Munich: Social Research Institute 1983, ISBN 3-922503-10-1
- as editor: Cultural Anthropology: Contributions to the New Beginning of a Discipline; Commemorative publication for Emerich K. Francis on his 80th birthday, Berlin: Duncker und Humblot 1987, ISBN 3-428-06139-X
- with John A. McCarthy (ed.): Zensur und Kultur: zwischen Weimarer Klassik und Weimarer Republik; mit einem Ausblick bis heute = Censorship and culture, Tübingen: Niemeyer 1995, ISBN 3-484-35051-2
- Ortsfamilienbuch Südheide, retrieved 5 April 2016
- Security concerns after aid worker murdered, retrieved on 5 April 2016
- German aid worker shot dead in Kenya, in: Berliner Zeitung of 12 February 2003, retrieved 5 April 2016
|NAME||Ohe, Werner von der|
|ALTERNATE NAMES||Ohe, Werner Dietrich von der (full name)|
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||german sociologist and university lecturer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||18. October 1945|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Reichenstein in Silesia|
|STERBEDATUM||10. February 2003|