Union City (California)
Masonic Home, Union City
|Location in the County and California|
|Time Zone:||Pacific (UTC-8/-7)|
|Residents:||69.516 (as of April 1, 2010)|
|Population Density:||1.393.1 Inhabitants per km²|
|Area:||49.9 km² (approx. 19 mi²)
of which 49.9 km² (approx. 19 mi²) land
|Area code:||+1 510|
Union City is a U.S. city in Alameda County in the U.S. state of California.
It is located east of the San Francisco Bay. The area is 51 square kilometers and has a total of 69,000 inhabitants.
The city is connected via the Interstate Highway 880 in northern and southern direction, where you can reach Oakland in about half an hour driving time as well as San Francisco behind. There is also a rail connection and numerous buses run within the city.
Union City was formed in 1959 by the consolidation of the three towns of Alvarado, Decoto and New Haven.
Sons and daughters of the city
- Otis Amey (* 1981), football player
- Joey Bragg (* 1996), actor
- Vicky Galindo (* 1983), softball player
- Eddie House (* 1978), basketball player
- Kelli White (* 1977), track and field athlete
- Roy Williams, football player
– Collection of images, videos and audio files