|Time Zone:||OEZ (UTC+2)|
|Telephone area code:||(+40) 02 56|
|Structure and management (Status: 2012)|
|Mayor:||Cosmin Santean (PD-L)|
Teremia Mică (German Albrechtsflor or Kleintermin, Hungarian Teremi) is a village in Timiș County, Banat, in Romania. It belongs to the municipality of Teremia Mare (German Marienfeld).
Teremia Mică is located 15 km southwest of Sânnicolau Mare and 3 km south of Teremia Mare, close to the border with Serbia.
|Vălcani||Dudeștii Vechi||Sânnicolau Mare|
|Kikinda||Teremia Mare||Comloșu Mare|
In the mid-15th century, Johann Töl and Kaspar Teremi were the owners of the Teremi estate, which was located east of Mokrin and south of Marienfeld. In the years 1557 to 1558 Teremi had 23 Serbian inhabitants. In 1717 the village belonged to the Temesvar district and had 19 houses. After that the village became more and more deserted.
After the Peace of Passarowitz on July 21, 1718, the Banat was annexed to the Habsburg Monarchy after 164 years of Turkish rule and placed under the imperial government of Vienna as an imperial crown and chamber domain. The Habsburg colonization of the Banat began with the so-called Swabian campaigns.
On the Mercy map of 1723 the place was registered as a predium (pasture land). In the years 1769 to 1770 Carl Samuel Neumann Edler von Buchholt settled two villages in the area, Albrechtsflor and Marienfeld.
Present-day Teremia Mică was founded in 1770 during the Theresian colonization by the settlement of 78 German families. Originally, the place was called Albrechtsflur, after Duke Albert of Saxe-Teschen. The settlers came from Alsace, Lorraine and Westphalia. Among them were many Frenchmen who were completely Germanized.
In 1782 the parish came into being and in 1783 the register books were introduced. The blessing of the church took place in 1856, the school having been built in 1848. In 1878 the parish had 3254 yokes of land, of which 2350 yokes were fields, 582 yokes meadow, 122 yokes vineyards and 15 yokes gardens.
In 1910, the 1230 Germans made up 97.6% of the population, and in 1930, with 1225 souls, the proportion of Germans was 98.4%. After the two world wars, the population of the village fell sharply. In 1945 Albrechtsflor had only 689 inhabitants.
On 4 June 1920, as a result of the Treaty of Trianon, the Banat was divided into three parts. The largest, eastern part, which included Kleintermin, fell to the Kingdom of Romania.
In the First World War Albrechtsflor had 61 dead to mourn. The war memorial was inaugurated in their honour in 1936.
As a result of the Waffen-SS agreement of May 12, 1943 between the Antonescu government and Hitler’s Germany, all men of German descent who were liable for military service were drafted into the German army.
Even before the end of the war, in January 1945, all ethnic German women between the ages of 18 and 30 and men between the ages of 16 and 45 were deported to the Soviet Union for reconstruction work.
During World War II, 29 residents lost their lives, 374 fled west and 148 were deported. In the 1980s and early 1990s, the great wave of emigration to Germany took place. In 1992 there were still 16 Germans living in the village. Today, the Romanian population makes up 95% of the population.
The Land Reform Law of 23 March 1945, which provided for the expropriation of the German peasants in Romania, deprived the rural population of its livelihood. The expropriated land was distributed to small farmers, agricultural workers and colonists from other parts of the country. In the early 1950s, collectivization of agriculture was initiated.
The Nationalization Law of 11 June 1948 in Romania, which provided for the nationalization of all industrial and commercial enterprises, banks and insurance companies, expropriated all economic enterprises regardless of ethnicity.
Since the population along the Romanian-Yugoslavian border was considered a security risk by the Romanian leadership after Stalin’s disagreement with Tito and his exclusion from the Cominform alliance, the deportation of “politically unreliable elements” to the Bărăgan steppe took place on 18 June 1951, regardless of ethnicity. At the same time, the Romanian leadership aimed to break the incipient resistance to the impending collectivization of agriculture. When the Bărăgan displaced persons returned home in 1956, they were restituted the houses and farms expropriated in 1945. The field property, however, was collectivized.
Albrechtsflor was one of the villages that were to fall victim to Nicolae Ceaușescu’s planned systematization policy, which was prevented by the Romanian Revolution in 1989.
- Horst Samson (* 1954), teacher, journalist, writer, Secretary General of the International Exile P.E.N. – Section German-speaking Countries
- Elke Hoffmann, Peter-Dietmar Leber and Walter Wolf: Das Banat und die Banater Schwaben. Volume 5: Towns and Villages. Mediengruppe Universal Grafische Betriebe München GmbH, Munich, 2011, 670 pages, ISBN 3-922979-63-7.
- Elke Hoffmann, Peter-Dietmar Leber, Walter Wolf: Das Banat und die Banater Schwaben, vol. 5: Städte und Dörfer. Munich 2011, ISBN 3-922979-63-7
- Native village Albrechtsflor(page no longer available, search web archives ) Info: Thelink was automatically marked as broken. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Albrechtsflor, Anton Zollner: Through former German villages in Banat