Svetlana Tsys emigrated as a toddler with her German-Russian family from Kazakhstan to Berlin-Lichtenberg. As Miss East Germany, she was crowned Miss Germany on 26 January 2007 in the Egyptian resort of Hurghada. She was already elected Miss Berlin at the age of 14, but was subsequently disqualified because she had not yet reached the 16 years of age required for participation
She is the first Miss Germany to be crowned abroad. This was previously only the case with the Miss Germany competitions in 1970 and the early 1980s.
– Collection of images
- German women do not have to be called Petra, faz.net, 27 January 2007
- Multiculturalism at the Miss pageant: German women don’t have to be called Petra. In: FAZ.NET. ISSN 0174-4909(faz.net [accessed 2 December 2018]).
- WELT.de: Miss Germany: The most beautiful comes from Berlin. In: DIE WELT. 26.January 2007 (welt.de [retrieved 2 December 2018]).
- Самая красивая немка – русская.(mk.ru [accessed 2 December 2018]).
- Dr. Ludmila Kopp, Nina Berend, Konstantin Richter:Made in Germany – Success Stories of Young Germans from Russia.Landsmannschaft der Deutschen aus Russland e.V. & Jugend- und Studentenring der Deutschen aus Russland – gefördert durch das Bundesamt für Migration und Flüchtlinge (BAMF), 2012, p. 53, retrieved2 December 2018 (German).
- Svetlana Tsys from Berlin becomes Miss Germany, mopo.de, 28 January 2007
|ALTERNATE NAMES||Tsys, Lana (nickname)|
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||german beauty queen|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1989|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Berlin|