Susanna Tausendfreund (* 24 April 1963 in Munich) is a Bavarian lawyer, politician (Bündnis 90/Die Grünen) and First Mayor of Pullach im Isartal.
Tausendfreund attended Pullach primary school and then Pullach grammar school until she passed her Abitur. She studied law at the LMU Munich, did her legal traineeship in Munich and also passed her state examination there. Since then she has been working as a lawyer.
Tausendfreund joined the Green Party in 1982. In 1984, at the age of 21, Susanna Tausendfreund was elected to the Pullach local council for the first time – and at the same time moved into the district council. She has been re-elected as a county councillor without interruption to this day. From 1990 to 1998 she held the office of parliamentary group chairwoman. In the term 2008-2014 she was deputy to the district administrator of the district of Munich, Johanna Rumschöttel. Since May 2014, she has been one of four other deputies of District Administrator Christoph Göbel.
From 1996 to 1998 Tausendfreund was a member of the board of the Petra Kelly Foundation. She is currently a member of the board of the local political association of the Bavarian Greens “Greens and Alternative in the Councils of Bavaria (GRIBS)”, which she has helped to establish since 1986.
In the 1998 state elections, Tausendfreund was elected to the Bavarian state parliament for the first time via the Upper Bavarian district list. There she was a Green member of the Committee for Municipal Issues and Internal Security.
Furthermore, she was a member of the judges’ election commission. In 2001, the Greens appointed her to the committee of inquiry “Examination of possible inadmissible state influence on the part of Bavarian officials on the criminal investigations against Karlheinz Schreiber and others” and elected her as spokesperson for interior, municipal and housing policy. She was a member of the Landtag until 2003 and again from 2008 to 2013.
In the period 2008-2013, Tausendfreund was the spokeswoman on domestic policy for the state parliamentary group and a member of the Committee on Constitution, Law, Parliamentary Affairs and Consumer Protection, the Committee on Municipal Affairs and Internal Security, the Parliamentary Control Committee, the Judges’ Election Commission of the state parliament, as well as the Committee of Inquiry to investigate the neo-Nazi murder series and possible failures of the authorities (see NSU murder series).
In the 2013 state election, Tausendfreund lost her mandate and is thus no longer a member of the Bavarian state parliament. On 30 March 2014, she was elected mayor of Pullach in a runoff election with 69.96% of the vote.
In this function, Tausendfreund is also the first chairwoman of the VHS in Pullach, chairwoman of the Zweckverband Otfried-Preußler-Gymnasium, a member of the shareholders’ meeting and on the supervisory board of the Wohnungsbaugesellschaft Pullach im Isartal mbH, and chairwoman of the administrative board of the municipal company VBS (Versorgungs-, Bau- und Servicegesellschaft). In addition, she is a member of the general meeting of the association for the “securing of supra-local recreational areas in the districts around Munich”.
Since 2014, Tausendfreund has also been a member of the board of the Bavarian Association of Cities and Towns as well as a member of the board of the Bavarian Association of Municipalities, Munich district. In July 2014, she initiated the founding of the volunteer helpers’ circle for refugees and integration in Pullach.
- The district honored Tausendfreund for “25 years of local political commitment in the district of Munich”. The honour was bestowed in 2009, i.e. after 27 years of active district politics.
- On 1 June 2015, Tausendfreund received the Municipal Medal of Merit of the Free State of Bavaria in bronze.
- On 15 May 2018, Tausendfreund was awarded the Ring of Honour of the Landkreis München for her extraordinary commitment. The honor took place in the Wolfschneiderhof in Taufkirchen. In total, the district council may award 29 rings of honor to deserving district citizens.
– Collection of pictures, videos and audio files
- Pullach municipality:local election results.(No longer available online.) March 30, 2014, archived from the original on April 13, 2014; retrievedMarch30,2014. Info: The archive link was automatically inserted and notyetchecked. Please check original and archive link according to instructions, then remove this notice.
- Bayerische Staatszeitung of 8 July 2016 about her mayoral activity, retrieved on 7 May 2017
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||german lawyer and politician (The Greens), MdL BY|
|DATE OF BIRTH||24. April 1963|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Munich|