Large district town of Freising
|Height:||455 m above sea level|
Sünzhausen is a parish village in the western district of Freising. The village is located about six kilometers west of Freising in the tertiary Danube-Isar hill country, which extends north of the Munich gravel plain along the left bank of the Isar. About 760 inhabitants live in the village. Since 1972 Sünzhausen is part of the district town Freising.
Sünzhausen was first mentioned in documents in the 9th century under Bishop Waldo as Sindeoshusum. The name of the place probably goes back to a Sindeo, who settled at this place with his following.
In the 18th century Sünzhausen was the seat of a captaincy in the district court of Kranzberg
In the course of the municipal formation after the Second Municipal Edict, the village became a politically independent rural municipality in 1818. In addition to the main village, it also included the hamlets of Haxthausen, Lageltshausen, Pallhausen and Pellhausen. With the incorporation of Vötting into Freising on April 1, 1937, the former Vöttinger districts Gartelshausen, Hohenbachern and Kleinbachern became part of Sünzhausen. As part of the municipal area reform, Sünzhausen lost its status as a politically independent municipality and was incorporated into the town of Freising on 1 July 1972.
Places of interest
The village is dominated by the parish church of St. George, which is located on a ridge at the northern edge of the village. Other monuments of the village are the parish hall, the former schoolhouse and the local inn “Kastaniengarten”.
– Collection of pictures, videos and audio files
- Wilhelm Volkert (ed.): Handbuch der bayerischen Ämter, Gemeinden und Gerichte 1799-1980. C. H. Beck, Munich 1983, ISBN 3-406-09669-7, p. 601.