Stefan Leupertz (born 21 March 1961 in Kleve) is a German lawyer and former judge at the Federal Supreme Court.
After studying law in Bonn, Leupertz passed the first state law examination in 1987 and the second state law examination in 1990. This was followed by legal clerkships in Cologne and Bonn.
In 1990, Stefan Leupertz became a judge at various courts in North Rhine-Westphalia, initially at the Kleve District Court and later at several local courts. Ten years later, he became a judge at the Higher Regional Court of Düsseldorf. In 2008, he was appointed as a judge at the Federal Supreme Court. There, in the VII Civil Senate, he was mainly concerned with private construction law, the law on contracts for work and services and the law on architects
Since 2005, Leupertz has also been a lecturer in construction contract law at the Technical University of Dortmund, and since 2005 also at the Philipps University of Marburg
He is co-editor of the journal Baurecht. Since 2003, Leupertz has also been a member of the Arbitration Court for Private Construction Law Germany. In May 2012, he was elected Chairman of the German Construction Law Conference.
Stefan Leupertz retired from the judiciary at his request at the end of 2012.
Leupertz lives in Kleve. He is married and has three children.
- Honorary professorship of the Technical University of Dortmund, 2007
- Together with Dieter Merkens: Handbuch Bauprozess. Deutscher Anwaltverlag. Bonn. 2004. ISBN 3-8240-0625-1
- As editor: The building expert in court. Practical guide. Bundesanzeiger-Verlag. Cologne. 2007. ISBN 978-3-89817-570-8 and: ISBN 3-89817-570-7 and: Fraunhofer-IRB-Verlag. Stuttgart. 2007. ISBN 978-3-8167-7371-9
- Basic questions of remuneration. In: Burkhard Messerschmidt (editor): Privates Baurecht. C. H. Beck Verlag. Munich. 2. Edition. 2012. ISBN 978-3-406-62654-8
- Literature by and about Stefan Leupertz in the catalogue of the German National Library
- The account of the curriculum vitae follows the press release of the Federal Supreme Court, unless otherwise stated Judge at the Federal Supreme Court Prof. Leupertz retired from judicial service. Press Release No. 1/2013. 2 January 2013. Retrieved 3 January 2013.
- Court of Arbitration for Private Construction Law Germany Stefan Leupertz – Member of the Court of Arbitration for Private Construction Law Germany. In: schiedsgericht.org. No date. Retrieved 3 January 2013.
- Stefan Leupertz now heads construction court day. In: Westfälischer Anzeiger. 13. May 2012. Retrieved 3 January 2013.
- Federal Court of Justice, Press Release No. 1/2013 of 2 January 2013.
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||german lawyer and former judge at the Federal Supreme Court|
|DATE OF BIRTH||21. March 1961|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Kleve|