Article

Read

St. Mary’s (stilts)

from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Protestant Church Stilt

The village church of St. Mary stands in the district of Stelzen in the town of Tanna in the Saale-Orla district in Thuringia.

History

The church was built on the site of a previous church in 1806. The well-preserved cemetery wall and the baptismal font from 1796 come from the previous church.

Between 1994 and 1996 a sponge renovation of the nave took place, as well as the re-roofing of the churchyard wall with slate. The tower clock strikes again and the tower was renovated inside. The façade is defective.[1]

Equipment

The circumferential gallery with layered spandrels encloses the pulpit altar on the east side between four columns with Corinthian capitals, the pulpit basket is equipped with a sound cover and the symbol of the Holy Trinity in a triangle with a radiating wreath.

Opposite the altar is the organ with a living prospectus. Two angels hold banners.

Web links

Commons: St. Mary (Stilt, Tanna)– Collection of pictures, videos and audio files

Individual references

  1. The Church at www.kirchspiel-unterkoskau.de Retrieved 25 October 2013

Coordinates 50° 29′ 3″ N, 11° 56′ 46″ O