St. Martin (Nendorf)
The Evangelical Lutheran, listed former monastery church of St. Martin is located in Nendorf, a district of the unified municipality of Stolzenau in the district of Nienburg/Weser in Lower Saxony. The parish belongs to the church district of Stolzenau-Loccum in the Hanover parish of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of Hanover.
The steeple of the large hall church was built in the 15th century from quarry stones, the nave, which is supported by buttresses, on the other hand, was built from bricks. However, Romanesque parts have been preserved in the core of the west and south walls. The arched windows, however, were walled up. The ground floor of the tower in front in the west is open to the nave like a gate. The baroque choir is closed off on three sides. The large two-light windows are from 1787
The interior has wooden galleries and is covered with a mirror vault. The pulpit altar is flanked by colossal columns.
Three church bells hang in the steeple.
|Bell||Strike tone||Diameter||Material||Founder||Casting year|
|1||dis′+2||1250 kg||143 cm||Cast steel||Bochum Society||1922|
|2||fis′-3||780 kg||109 cm||Bronze||Ludolf Siegfriedt||1667|
|3||gis′-2||523 kg||96 cm||Bronze||Ricker||1975|
- Dehio-Handbuch der deutschen Kunstdenkmäler, Bremen, Niedersachsen. Deutscher Kunstverlag, Munich 1992, ISBN 3-422-03022-0, p. 964.
– Collection of pictures, videos and audio files