Schnuttenbach is a district of the municipality of Offingen in the district of Günzburg in Bavaria. The formerly independent municipality of Schnuttenbach was incorporated into Offingen on 1 May 1978.
The church village is located about one kilometer east of Offingen on the state road 2025
Schnuttenbach was first mentioned in a papal document in 1298 in connection with the monastery of Neresheim. In 1312, the goods of this monastery in Schnuttenbach came to the monastery of Wettenhausen, which sold them in 1570. In the following period, the properties in Schnuttenbach belonged to different owners
Places of interest
- Catholic Filial Church of St. Ursula with stained glass by Josef Oberberger (1989) and works by Michael Kampik (* 1948; † 6 February 2016)
- Hidden in Schnuttenbach, documentary film about the labour camp for forced labourers during the National Socialist era
- Bernt von Hagen, Angelika Wegener-Hüssen: Landkreis Günzburg (= Bayerisches Landesamt für Denkmalpflege [ed.]: Denkmäler in Bayern. Volume VII.91/1). Karl M. Lipp Verlag, Munich 2004, ISBN 3-87490-589-6, p. 426.
– Collection of pictures, videos and audio files
- Schnuttenbach in the location database of the Bayerische Landesbibliothek Online. Bavarian State Library