Winkelbach (upper course), Houverather Bach
Sahrbach between Burgsahr and Kreuzberg
|Water body code||DE: 27188|
|Location||Eifel; County Ahrweiler and County Euskirchen; Rhineland-Palatinate and North Rhine-Westphalia (Germany)|
|Drainage via||Ahr → Rhine → North Sea|
|Source||in the Flamersheim forest near Scheuren
|Source Height||approx. 384sea|
|Mouth||at Kreuzberg into the Ahr
|Mouth height||approx. 171sea|
|Height difference||approx. 213 m|
|Bottom slope||approx. 14 ‰|
|Length||approx. 15.3 km|
|Catchment area||46.072 km²|
|Small towns||Bad Münstereifel|
The southern Sahrbach valley
The mouth of the Sahrbach into the Ahr (Kreuzberg)
The Sahrbach is a 15.3 km long, western and orographically left tributary of the Ahr in North Rhine-Westphalia and Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany.
The Sahrbach rises as an Winkelbach (15.3 km – 13.2 km) in the Flamersheimer Forest. The source is located north of Scheuren on Euskirchen territory at an altitude of about. From here the brook flows eastwards, after a short run it crosses under the state road 113 and leaves Euskirchen there. It then flows south between the Bad Münstereifel districts of Scheuren and Maulbach. As Houverather Bach (13.2 km – 10.0 km) it flows through the nature reserve Houverather Bach and tributaries and passes the district Houverath. From here it flows as Sahrbach through Kirchsahr and the districts Binzenbach and Burgsahr. It continues to flow in an easterly direction and joins the Rhine tributary, the Ahr, in Kreuzberg.
Catchment area and tributaries
On its 15.3 km long course, the brook experiences a difference in altitude of 213 metres, which corresponds to a mean bottom gradient of 13.9 ‰. The 46 km² catchment area is drained via the Ahr and Rhine to the North Sea.
in mü. NHN
|011,||Hare Creek||27188-32||left0||,2520||,2910||Lanzerath||30900000||in the upper reaches Eichener Siefen|
|010,||Limbach[Z 2]||27188-33112||right||001,6070||,1360||Limbach||30700000||also: LimbacherBach|
|,||Brook from Hühnerberg||27188-332||right||000,7310||0000,3470||28600000|
|,||Brook at the old zinc mine||27188-914||right||000,9750||0000,4750||Burgsahr||24300000|
|,||Creek at Kotzhardt||27188-9994||right||000,3020||0000,3790||21100000|
Notes on the table
- Watercourse identification number, in Germany the official flowing water identification number with a separator inserted after the prefix for better readability, which uniformly stands for the receiving watercourse Sahrbach, which is common to all.
- Topographical Information Management, Cologne District Government, Department GEObasis NRW (Notes)
- Not listed in the map service of the landscape information system of the nature conservation administration of Rhineland-Palatinate (LANIS map) (references).
– Collection of images
- Catchment area and course of the Sahrbach in ELWAS
- Nature reserve “Houverather Bach and tributary streams in the specialist information system of the North Rhine-Westphalia State Office for Nature, Environment and Consumer Protection
- German base map 1:5000
- Map service of the Landscape Information System of the Nature Conservation Administration Rhineland-Palatinate (LANIS map) (Notes)
- List of water bodies of the NRW State Agency for Nature, Environment and Consumer Protection 2010 (XLS; 4.67 MB)(Notes)
- GeoExplorer of the Water Management Administration Rhineland-Palatinate (Notes)
- Dinosaur trail in Kirchsahr-Binzenbach (Eifel).bogenlust.de, retrieved on 16 February 2016.
- Website of the campsite Sahrtal.Retrieved 16 February 2016.
- The hiker’s paradise Sahrbachtal.(No longer available online.) Freundeskreis Sahrbachtal e. V., archived from the original onJanuary 20,2016; retrievedFebruary 16, 2016. Info: The archive link was automatically insertedandnot yet checked. Please check original and archive link according to instructions and then remove this note.
- Sahrbachweg.AW Wiki, retrieved 16 February 2016.
- Sahrbachtaler Höhenweg.AW Wiki, retrieved 16 February 2016.
- ELWAS specialist information system, Ministry for Climate Protection, Environment, Agriculture, Nature and Consumer Protection NRW (references)