Paul Liepmann (* 24 May 1856 in Berlin; † 1932 ibid) was a German judge and politician.
Paul Liepmann studied law and political science at the universities of Leipzig, Heidelberg, Berlin and Göttingen. In 1875 he became a member of the Corps Guestphalia Leipzig. After completing his studies and receiving his doctorate in law, he embarked on a career as a judge. In 1887 he became a district judge and in 1898 a district court councillor in Charlottenburg. In 1906 he took his leave as a judge. He was the author of criminal law writings.
Liepmann was a city councillor in Charlottenburg and belonged to the Zwecksverbandsversammlung Groß-Berlin. From 1913 to 1918 he sat in the Prussian House of Representatives as a deputy for the electoral district Potsdam 9 (Teltow, Stadtkreis Berlin-Wilmersdorf, Beeskow-Storkow). He was a member of the parliamentary group of the National Liberal Party, of which he was also a member of the central executive committee. Previously, in the 1908 election, he had been the first Jewish candidate of the National Liberals in almost 30 years to lose to his conservative opponent in a runoff.
Liepmann was chairman of the board of the Jacob Plaut Foundation in Berlin and was a member of the board of trustees of the Louis Liepmann Foundation.
The German officer and lawyer Rudolf Liepmann was his son.
- Appointment to the Privy Council of Justice
- Summary Criminal Procedure in England and Criminal Procedure in Scotland, 1908
- Bernhard Mann: Biographisches Handbuch für das Preußische Abgeordnetenhaus 1867-1918 (= Handbücher zur Geschichte des Parlamentarismus und der politischen Parteien. Volume 3). Droste, Düsseldorf 1988, ISBN 3-7700-5146-7, p. 246.
- Liepmann, Paul, in: Joseph Walk (ed.): Short Biographies on the History of the Jews 1918-1945. Munich : Saur, 1988, ISBN 3-598-10477-4, p. 236
- Paul Liepmann, in: Ernest Hamburger: Juden im öffentlichen Leben Deutschlands : Regierungsmitglieder, Beamte und Parlamentarier in der monarchischen Zeit. 1848-1918. Tübingen : Mohr, 1968, p. 370f.
- Kösener Corpslisten 1930, 92, 191
- Ernest Hamburger: Juden im öffentlichen Leben Deutschlands: Regierungsmitglieder, Beamte und Parlamentarier in der monarchischen Zeit 1848-1918, 1968, S. 343(Digitalisat)
- Die Wohlfahrtseinrichtungen von Groß-Berlin nebst einem Wegweiser für die praktische Ausübung der Armenpflege in Berlin, 1910, No. 104, No. 1168(Digitalisat)
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||german civil servant and politician|
|DATE OF BIRTH||24. May 1856|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Berlin|