City of Altenburg
|Height:||179(178-223) m a.s.l|
|Residents:||103 (31 Dec. 2010)|
|Population Density:||64 inhabitants/km²|
Paditz is a local situation of the local part Ehrenberg of the Skatstadt Altenburg in the Thuringian Altenburger country. It is mainly known for the natural monument Paditzer Schanzen.
The core village is located on the left side in the east of the river Pleiße, but agglomeration with the former railway station is also located on the right side of the watercourse. Here the flowing water forms meanders, whereby the banks are protected by trees from further washout. Furthermore, above the Paditz stop, the area natural monument, the Paditzer Schanzen between Paditz and Stünzhain, is adjacent, where a volcanic rock (formerly called mica porphyrite ) was extracted in the disused quarries.
Paditz is still recognizable today as a Sorbian Rundling foundation by the eight farms around the central village center. The village was mentioned for the first time in a document of the Naumburg high chapter between 1181 and 1214. At the time of German settlement an annex was built. In the 13th and 14th century the Burgraves of Altenburg had possession in the village. Later Paditz belonged to the Wettin office of Altenburg, which was under the sovereignty of the following Ernestine duchies from the 16th century due to several divisions in the course of its existence: Duchy of Saxony (1554 to 1572), Duchy of Saxony-Weimar (1572 to 1603), Duchy of Saxony-Altenburg (1603 to 1672), Duchy of Saxony-Gotha-Altenburg (1672 to 1826). When the Ernestine Duchies were reorganized in 1826, the town again became part of the Duchy of Saxony-Altenburg. After the administrative reform in the duchy Paditz belonged concerning the administration to the east circle (until 1900) respectively to the district office Altenburg (since 1900).
Paditz belonged to the Free State of Saxony-Altenburg from 1918, which merged into the state of Thuringia in 1920. From 1922, the village was in the Altenburg district and from 1952 in the Altenburg district in the Leipzig district; the latter belonged to Thuringia as Altenburg district from 1990 and merged into the Altenburger Land district in 1994. Before Paditz was incorporated into Ehrenberg on 7 September 1973, it was an independent municipality with the district Zschechwitz, which came on 1 July 1950 by decision of the state parliament. On 14 July 1993 the entire municipality of Ehrenberg was incorporated as a district of Altenburg.
- 1939 – 195
- 1997 – 119
- 1999 – 136
- 2001 – 122
- 2002 – 131
- 2005 – 118
Paditz had a stopping point on the Leipzig-Hof railway line since 1886; trains have been running through without stopping since 2010. There is also a connection to the federal highways 7, 93 and 180 at a distance of about three kilometres. Resident companies are a machine distribution company and a used car dealer.
Places of interest
Beside the typical half-timbered houses, which are to be found in many places in the Altenburger Land, the area nature monument Paditzer Schanzen is of great cultural importance, which is unique in this form and size for this region.
An important architectural feature in the village is the stone arch bridge over the Pleiße. It was built in 1531 on the site of an old ford on the trade route to Bohemia.
- Dietrich Zühlke et al: Das Altenburger Land (= Werte unserer Heimat. Band 23). 1.Edition. Akademie Verlag, Berlin 1973, pp. 183-184.
- Dietrich Franke Altenburg biotite phenoandesite. In: Regional Geology of Eastern Germany (Saxony, Thuringia, Saxony-Anhalt, Brandenburg, Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania) Dictionary of Regional Geological Terms, online at www.regionalgeologie-ost.de.
- Wolfgang Kahl: Ersterwähnung Thüringer Städte und Dörfer. A handbook. Verlag Rockstuhl, Bad Langensalza, 2005, ISBN 3-937135-61-8, p. 119.
- Ernst von Braun:History of the Burgraves of Altenburg.P. 59, retrieved 21 March 2021.
- The Amt Altenburg in the book “Geographie für alle Stände”, from p. 201.Retrieved 21 March 2021.
- Adolf Stieler:The places of the Altenburg district in “Geographische Übersicht der sachsen-ernestinischen, schwarzburgischen, reußischen und der anliegenden Lande”, Gotha 1826, from p. 83.Retrieved 21 March 2021.
- The Eastern District of the Duchy of Saxony-Altenburg in the Municipal Directory 1900
- The Altenburg District Office in the 1900 Municipal Directory
- Paditz on gov.genealogy.net
- The Paditz stop at www.sachsenschiene.net
– Collection of pictures, videos and audio files