Location of Oertelshain in Saxony
Oertelshain is a district of the municipality of Remse in the district of Zwickau (Free State of Saxony). It was incorporated on 1 April 1938
Geographical location and transport
Oertelshain is located between Remse in the north and the federal motorway 4 in the south. The Oertelshainer Bach, which rises in the village area, drains to the northwest into the Zwickauer Mulde.
The Waldhufendorf Oertelshain was mentioned in 1390 as “Etzilshain” or “Etzelßheym”. The village was bought by the Lords of Schönburg in 1543 as a former possession of the Remse Monastery, which was dissolved in 1533 in the course of the Reformation. In 1551, Oertelshain was listed as an official village of the Schoenburg dominion of Remse, which came into being after the dissolution of Remse Monastery in 1533 and belonged to the Lords of Schoenburg under Wettin sovereignty since 1543. Ecclesiastically, Oertelshain has always been parochial to Remse.
As part of the administrative reorganization of the Kingdom of Saxony, Oertelshain, as part of the Schoenburg feudal lordship of Remse, was placed under the district administration of Zwickau in 1835. Since then the feudal lordship Remse with its villages was administratively managed by the royal Saxon office Zwickau. From 1856 onwards, Oertelshain belonged to the Remse court office and from 1875 onwards, initially to the Zwickau district administration. After an administrative reform was carried out in the area of the rezessherrschaften Schönburg in 1878, Oertelshain came with the entire former Gerichtsamtsbezirk Remse in 1880 to the newly founded Saxon Amtshauptmannschaft Glauchau.
On 1 April 1938, Oertelshain was incorporated into Remse. Due to the second district reform in the GDR, Oertelshain, as a district of the municipality of Remse, became part of the district of Glauchau in the Chemnitz district in 1952 (renamed Karl-Marx-Stadt district in 1953), which continued as the Saxon district of Glauchau in 1990 and merged into the Chemnitzer Land district in 1994 and the Zwickau district in 2008
– Collection of pictures, videos and audio files
- Oertelshain in the digital historical gazetteer of Saxony
- Oertelshain in “Handbuch der Geographie”, p. 234
- Karlheinz Blaschke, Uwe Ulrich Jäschke: Kursächsischer Ämteratlas. Leipzig 2009, ISBN 978-3-937386-14-0; p. 82 f.
- Description of the District of the Zwickau District Office from p. 192 onwards
- The Amtshauptmannschaft Glauchau in the 1900 municipal directory
- Oertelshain on gov.genealogy.net