Help for coat of arms
|Telephone area code:||(+48) 032|
|Economy and transport|
|Nearest int. airport:||Katowice-Pyrzowice|
Niekarmia (German Niekarm) is a village in Upper Silesia. It is located in the municipality of Rudziniec (Rudzinitz) in the powiat of Gliwicki (district of Gliwice) in the Silesian Voivodeship.
Niekarmia is situated nine kilometres north of the municipal seat Rudziniec, 23 kilometres north-west of the district capital Gliwice and 45 kilometres west of the voivodship capital Katowice.
The village was founded in the 13th century at the latest. In 1295-1305 the place was first mentioned in documents as “Necarma” in the Liber fundationis episcopatus Vratislaviensis (tithe register of the Bishopric of Wroclaw).
The village was mentioned in 1783 in the book Beyträge zur Beschreibung von Schlesien as Niekarm, belonged to a Johann Gustav von Strachwitz and was located in the district of Tost in the principality of Oppeln. At that time it had 52 inhabitants, one outlying estate, five farmers and ten gardeners. In 1865 Niekarm consisted of a manor and a village. The manor had been in the possession of Lord von Zawadzki since 1850. At that time the village had four farmer’s places, eleven gardener’s places and ten cottager’s places. Church and school were located in Ponischowitz.
In the referendum in Upper Silesia on 20 March 1921, 25 eligible voters locally voted for Upper Silesia to remain part of Germany and 87 voted for it to become part of Poland. After the division of Upper Silesia, Niekarm remained part of the German Reich. In 1936 the village was renamed Dürrwalde in the course of a wave of renamings during the Nazi era. Until 1945 the place was in the administrative district Tost-Gleiwitz.
In 1945 the place, which had been German until then, came under Polish administration and was subsequently incorporated into the Silesian Voivodeship and renamed Niekarmia in Poland. In 1950 the place belonged to Katowice Voivodeship. In 1999 the place belonged to the re-established Powiat Gliwicki and to the Silesian Voivodeship.
- Way Chapel