Michael Frisch (* 4 September 1957 in Trier) is a German politician (AfD, formerly CDU). Since November 2019 he is the state chairman of the AfD Rhineland-Palatinate and since March 2021 chairman of his parliamentary group in the state parliament of Rhineland-Palatinate.
Frisch is a teacher for the school subjects mathematics and Catholic religion at the vocational school for nutrition, home economics and social affairs in Trier. After having been a member of the CDU for a long time, he joined the AfD in 2013. On 13 March 2016, he succeeded in becoming a member of the Rhineland-Palatinate state parliament in the 2016 state election.
Frisch is AfD district chairman in Trier. On 25 May 2014, he became parliamentary group leader of the AfD in the Trier city council. In November 2019, he was elected state chairman of the AfD in Rhineland-Palatinate.
In 2017, Frisch, a Catholic, presented a church policy manifesto on the AfD’s relationship with the churches. In December 2019, he called for the introduction of a final examination for an intermediate school leaving certificate at the Realschule plus in Rhineland-Palatinate. In view of declining performance in the 9th grade, the degree should be revalued in this way.
In the 2021 state election in Rhineland-Palatinate, Frisch was the top candidate for the AfD, which received 8.3% of the vote. On 19 March 2021, he was unanimously elected parliamentary group leader.
– Collection of images, videos and audio files
- Biography at the Parliament of Rhineland-Palatinate
- Fabian Reinbold, Yannic Rehm, Severin Weiland:New AfD MPs: Angry Birds.In: SpiegelOnline. 15 March 2016; retrieved .
- Announcement by the State Election Commissioner of the approved state and district lists for the election to the 17th State Parliament of Rhineland-Palatinate on 13 March 2016.(pdf, 163 kB) Landeswahlleiter Rheinland-Pfalz, 18 January 2016, archived on.Original24March 2016; retrieved 18 November 2019.
- Faces of the 2016 election: Michael Frisch (AfD).In: swr.de. 29 February 2016, archived at.OriginalMay 27,2016; retrieved 18 November 2019.
- Wolfgang Thielmann:AfD: Devilishly pious Christians.In: ZeitOnline. 5 October 2017, retrieved 3 January 2018.
- Rebecca Schaal:AfD against the rest.In: TrierischerVolksfreund. 16 March 2016, retrieved 18 November 2019.
- Frisch is the new AfD state leader: “Joachim” shouts for Paul.In: rheinpfalz.de. 17 November 2019, retrieved 17 November 2019.
- Devilishly pious Christians.Retrieved February 27, 2021.
- AfD wants final exam for middle school diploma, WeltN24, 10 December 2019.
- Florian Schlecht:AfD faction in Rhineland-Palatinate elects Michael Frisch from Trier as leader and reproaches ex-vice president Joachim Paul.In: TrierischerVolksfreund. 19 March 2021, retrieved 21 March 2021.
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||german teacher and politician (AfD), MdL|
|DATE OF BIRTH||4. September 1957|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Trier|