|Region||Pays de la Loire|
|Former INSEE code||49197|
|Incorporation||15. December 2016|
Castle Le Plessis-Lionnet (postcard around 1905)
Meigné-le-Vicomte is a locality and commune déléguée in the Noyant-Villages commune in France with 335 inhabitants (as of 1 January 2018) in the Maine-et-Loire department in the Pays de la Loire region. The inhabitants are called Meignéens.
Meigné-le-Vicomte was merged on 15 December 2016 with 13 other communes, namely Auverse, Breil, Broc, Chalonnes-sous-le-Lude, Chavaignes, Chigné, Dénezé-sous-le-Lude, Genneteil, Lasse, Linières-Bouton, Méon, Noyant and Parçay-les-Pins to form the new commune of Noyant-Villages.
Meigné-le-Vicomte is located about 52 kilometres east-northeast of Angers in the Baugeois countryside.
|Sources: Cassini and INSEE|
Places of interest
- Church of Saint-Pierre from the 12th century
- Rectory from the 16th/17th century
- Boisset manor house from the 16th century, Monument historique since 1968
- Castle Le Grand-Massé from the 18th/19th century
- Castle Le Plessis-Lionnet from the 15th/16th century
- Castle La Touche from the 17th/18th century
- Baudelan manor house from the 17th century
- La Maillardière manor house from the 16th century
- La Quelouze manor house from the 16th century
- La Roche manor house from the 16th/17th century
- Henri Guibert (1883-1967), motor racing driver
- Le Patrimoine des Communes de Maine-et-Loire. Flohic Editions, vol. 2, Paris 2001, ISBN 2-84234-117-1, pp. 928-930.
– Collection of images