Mechthild Dehn (* 16 February 1941 in Stettin) is a German educationalist.
From 1969 to 1974 she studied educational science, psychology and German language and literature at the University of Kiel. After receiving her doctorate in educational science in 1975, she was a professor of educational science with a special focus on the didactics of German language and literature in Hamburg from 1979 to 2003.
Her research focuses on aesthetic aspects of language and media learning, text literacy development, narrative, reading and spelling difficulties, learning to spell, literacy acquisition, and beginning instruction.
- Texts in primers and their function for learning. A language analysis as a contribution to the didactics of learning to read. Kronberg im Taunus 1975, ISBN 3-589-20104-5.
- Time for writing. Learning to read and writing skills. Bochum 1994, ISBN 3-592-86063-1.
- Life. Cancer: Decision – Call – Search. Stuttgart 1995, ISBN 3-87173-076-9.
- Texts and contexts. Writing as a cultural activity in primary school. Berlin 1999, ISBN 3-592-86067-4.
- Literature by and about Mechthild Dehn in the catalogue of the German National Library
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||german educator|
|DATE OF BIRTH||16. February 1941|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Szczecin|