Article

Read

List of monuments in Finning

from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This page lists the architectural monuments of the Upper Bavarian municipality of Finning. This table is a partial list of the list of architectural monuments in Bavaria. It is based on the Bavarian list of monuments, which was first compiled on the basis of the Bavarian Monument Protection Act of October 1, 1973, and has since been maintained by the Bavarian State Office for the Preservation of Monuments. The following information does not replace the legally binding information of the monument protection authority.[Note 1]

View of Unterfinning

Coat of arms of Finning

Monuments according to districts

Entraching

Location Object Description File No. Image
Laichstraße 6
(location)
Wall paintings on the east side marked 1690 D-1-81-120-12 Wandmalereien an der Ostseite

Laichstraße 12
(location)
House figure coloured Pieta, baroque D-1-81-120-13 Hausfigur

St. Jakob 2
(location)
Formerly rectory two-storey plastered building with overhanging mansard hipped roof and painted frieze, Art Nouveau, by Kurt Hertel, 1906/07 D-1-81-120-14 Ehemals Pfarrhaus

St. Jakob 8
(location)
Catholic parish church St. Jacobus or St. Jakob Hall building with indented choir and choir flank tower, in the core late Gothic, roof truss and extension 1721, baroqueization of the tower 1730; with equipment;

Cemetery wall on the north, south and west side, covered with semicircular tiles, 17th/18th century

D-1-81-120-11 Katholische Pfarrkirche St. Jacobus oder St. Jakob
more pictures

Oberfinning

Location Object Description File no. Image
Auf dem Dicken Bühel
(location)
Boundary stone rounded tuff slab, inscribed HV (Hofmark Utting) 168(9?); c. 1950 m northeast of the church Entraching and 400 m north-northeast of the Nigglhof on the municipal border D-1-81-120-10 BW

Hart
(location)
Hart’s Chapel simple rectangular gable roof building, 1753; with furnishings D-1-81-120-9 Hartkapelle
more pictures

Main Street
(location)
Marian Column coloured Madonna on a stone column, 1910 D-1-81-120-4 Mariensäule
more pictures

Hauptstraße 7
(location)
Formerly rectory now residential house, two-storey gable roof building, core 1821 D-1-81-120-3 Ehemals Pfarrhaus

Kirchsteig 7
(location)
Holy Cross Catholic Parish Church Hall with semicircular choir and choir flank tower, nave and tower 2nd half 15th century, choir and stucco 1754; with furnishing D-1-81-120-1 Katholische Pfarrkirche Heilig Kreuz
more pictures

Mühlstraße 8
(location)
Farmhouse Middle building with flat gable roof, core 17th/18th century. D-1-81-120-5 BW

Mühlstraße 11
(location)
Formerly small farmhouse ground-floor building with pitched gable roof, around 1860 D-1-81-120-6 Ehemals Kleinbauernhaus

Mühlstraße 14
(location)
Formerly mill two-storey gable-roofed building, in the core still 17th century, raised after 1850, front door with carved decoration, inscribed 1855 D-1-81-120-7 Ehemals Mühle

Pfarrgasse 10
(location)
Formerly small farmhouse Mittertennbau with flat gable roof, 2nd half 18th century D-1-81-120-8 Ehemals Kleinbauernhaus

St. Sebastian 14
(location)
Catholic Chapel of St. Sebastian single-nave gable-roofed building with indented choir and ridge turret, 1746, ridge turret 19th century; with furnishing D-1-81-120-2 Katholische Kapelle St. Sebastian
more pictures

Schöffelding

Location Object Description File no. Image
Böromoos
(location)
Boundary stone Tuff pillar marked SL JZ 1722; 2000 m south in the “Finninger Wald” on the district boundary D-1-81-146-22 BW

Unterbeuern

Location Object Description File no. Image
Hart
(location)
Boundary stone Tuff slab, inscribed 1683; 800 meters NNO of the chapel in the forest D-1-81-114-93 BW

Underfinning

Location Object Description File no. Image
Findingstraße 32
(location)
Formerly trading house two-storey hipped roof building, early 19th century D-1-81-120-17 BW

Obergasse 5
(location)
Formerly small farmhouse two-storey flat gable roof building, in the core 17th/18th century D-1-81-120-18 Ehemals Kleinbauernhaus

Sonnenstraße 10
(location)
Catholic parish church of Our Lady of Sorrows Hall building with indented choir and choir flank tower, choir and tower 1st half 15th century, nave 16th/17th century and extended around 1700; with furnishings D-1-81-120-15 Katholische Pfarrkirche zur Schmerzhaften Muttergottes
more pictures

St. Willibald 30
(location)
Catholic Chapel St. Willibald single-nave gable-roofed building with indented chancel and ridge turret, chancel around 1620, nave marked 1676; with furnishings D-1-81-120-16 Katholische Kapelle St. Willibald

Westerschondorf

Location Object Description File no. Image
Westerschondorf 1
(location)
Residential building of the former Schwaige two-storey mansard half hipped roof building with plaster banding, probably first third 19th century D-1-81-120-19 Wohngebäude der ehemaligen Schwaige
more pictures

See also

  • List of archaeological monuments in Finning

Notes

  1. This list may not correspond to the current status of the official monument list. The latter can be viewed as a PDF on the Internet via the link given under Weblinks as well as mapped in the Bavarian Monument Atlas. Although these representations are updated daily by the Bavarian State Office for the Preservation of Monuments, they do not always reflect the current status. Therefore, the presence or absence of an object in this list or in the Bavarian Monument Atlas does not guarantee that it is currently a registered monument or not.

    Furthermore, the Bavarian list of monuments is an indicative list. Monument status – and thus legal protection – is defined in Art. 1 of the Bavarian Monument Protection Act (BayDSchG) and does not depend on mapping in the monument atlas and entry in the Bavarian monument list. Objects that are not listed in the Bavarian Monument List can also be monuments if they fulfil the criteria according to Art. 1 BayDSchG. For all projects, early involvement of the Bavarian State Office for Monument Preservation is therefore necessary in accordance with Art. 6 BayDSchG.

Literature

  • Karl Gattinger, Grietje Suhr: Landsberg am Lech, Stadt und Landkreis (= Bayerisches Landesamt für Denkmalpflege [ed.]: Denkmäler in Bayern. Volume I.14). Verlag Friedrich Pustet, Regensburg 2014, ISBN 978-3-7917-2449-2, pp. 181-194.

Web links

Commons: Monuments in Finning– Collection of pictures, videos and audio files

  • Bayerischer Denkmal-Atlas (cartographic representation of Bavarian monuments and archaeological sites by the Bavarian State Office for the Preservation of Monuments (BLfD))
  • Monument list for Finning (PDF) at the Bavarian State Office for Monument Preservation