|Management||Casimiro de Almeida (CEO)|
|Number of employees||2.600 (2012)|
|Sales||682 Mill. Euro (2010)|
Lactogal is a Portuguese milk and dairy products company.
The company was created in 1996 from the merger of three companies and production cooperatives, namely AGROS – União das Cooperativas de Produtores de Leite Entre Douro e o Minho e Trás-os-Montes UCRL, LACTICOOP – União das Cooperativas de Produtores de Leite entre Douro e Mondego UCRL, and PROLEITE/MIMOSA S.A. Lactogal has subsequently become the market leader in milk and dairy products in Portugal, with brands such as Mimosa, Matinal or Vigor. The company now has 15 sites (seven production units and five logistics and distribution units) in 12 locations in continental Portugal, Madeira and the Azores.
In 2005, Lactogal had sales of 683.5 million euros; in 2010, the figure was 682 million euros. Through acquisitions and expansion, Lactogal has also strengthened its position in Spain in recent years. In 2008, 14% of sales already came from Spain. The purchase of Spain’s Leche Celta, in particular, has enabled the company to expand in Spain, but it had to sell its Renoldy private label business as a requirement of the regulatory authorities. The company’s goal is to become one of the market leaders on the Iberian Peninsula.
- Official website
- Company study (Case Study) on www.nextiraone.eu.pt (port.)
- Lactogal at Bloomberg Businessweek
- www.anilact.pt(Memento of Originals november 11, 2013 on the Internet Archive) Info:The archive linkwas automatically inserted and not yet checked. Please check original and archive link according to instructions and then remove this notice.
- www.dinheirodigital.sapo.pt, retrieved 3 September 2012
- www.anilact.pt(Memento of Originals november 11, 2013 on the Internet Archive) Info:The archive linkwas automatically inserted and not yet checked. Please check original and archive link according to instructions and then remove this notice. , retrieved 3 September 2012