Location of Kneheim in Lower Saxony
Kneheim is a farming community in the municipality of Lastrup in the district of Cloppenburg in Lower Saxony.
Life in Kneheim
The St. Michael church from 1801 forms the centre of the Lastrup community of about 700 inhabitants. In the immediate vicinity is the parish home, where there is also a library. The children of the village are looked after in the Hand-in-Hand kindergarten. There is also the sports club BV Kneheim, in which many inhabitants of the village are active. Among other things the sports football, tennis, dancing and gymnastics are offered here. The youth of the village is organized in the KLJB.
Geography and transport connections
Kneheim lies to the east of the core village of Lastrup on the district road K 166. The B 213 runs to the north, the B 68 to the east. The Dorfbach and the Brinkerbach flow to the south, the Vltava flows to the west. Many years ago, the famous narrow-gauge railway “Pingel Anton” passed through the village of Kneheim on its way from the state border to the terminus at Cloppenburg. This is commemorated by the small railway monument on the street of the same name “Pingel Anton”.
Sons and daughters (selection)
- Heinrich Grafenhorst (1906-1970), Roman Catholic priest and officiant in Vechta
- Mechthild Lanfermann (born 1969), author