Jewish cemetery (Krakow am See)
The Jewish Cemetery Krakow am See is located in the town of Krakow am See in the rural district of Rostock in Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania. About 50 gravestones are preserved in the approximately 400 m² Jewish cemetery on Plauer Chaussee.
The Jewish cemetery was established in 1821 immediately northeast of the then Christian (today: communal) cemetery. The two cemeteries were separated by a lilac hedge. During the National Socialist era in 1936 the cemetery received a new enclosure. In April 1937 the last burial took place, in 1938 some gravestones were knocked over. Between 1947 and 1950 the cemetery was repaired and a new fence was erected. In 1963 the Jewish Community of Mecklenburg made the unoccupied part of the cemetery available to the Lutheran Church free of charge. In November 1988 a notice board was placed at the cemetery. Between 2003 and 2006, the cemetery was again repaired. In December 2013, the cemetery was desecrated: Seven gravestones were knocked over, five of them were damaged.
- Krakow am See (county of Rostock) at Alemannia Judaica with 20 photos of the cemetery