Jacques Maire (born 4 April 1962 in Enghien-les-Bains) is a French politician (La République En Marche!, LREM) who has been a member of the National Assembly for the 8th constituency of the Hauts-de-Seine département since the 2017 election.
Activity as a member of parliament
Maire is Vice-Chairman of the Committee on Foreign Affairs. He is a member of the parliamentary groups for friendship with Japan and with Australia.
Maire has also been a member of the French delegation to the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe since 2017. He is a member of the Assembly’s Political Affairs and Democracy Committee and rapporteur on Algeria.
In September 2018, Maire supported the candidacy of Barbara Pompili for the presidency in the National Assembly. Since 2020, he has been one of the group’s rapporteurs on the government’s pension reform plans, alongside Guillaume Gouffier-Cha, Carole Grandjean and Corinne Vignon.
Together with deputies Hugues Renson and Barbara Pompili, Maire founded the association En commun in May 2020. The grouping remains at the centre of the parliamentary faction of La République en Marche, and includes 56 deputies. However, it is open to all citizens and aims to change the policies of the parliamentary group and the party.
Voting record in Parliament
In Jul 2019, Maire voted to ratify the European Union’s Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA) with Canada.
- 2017 French legislative election
- Elections législatives 2017(French) In: Ministry of the Interior. Retrieved 19 June 2017.
- Jacques Maire: “Intensifying the parliamentary dialogue with Algeria is needed more than ever” Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe, press release of 13 March 2019.
- Julie Cloris (9 September 2018), Duel Ferrand-Pompili pour présider l’Assemblée: qui soutient qui? Le Parisien.
- Isabelle Ficek (16 January 2020), Retraites: les députés de la majorité qui vont porter le projet de loi à l’Assemblée Les Échos.
- Laure Equy, A l’Assemblée, “l’aile gauche” des marcheurs s’organise en courant, , Libération.fr of 22 May 2020, accessed 3 June 2020
- Maxime Vaudano (July 24, 2019), CETA: qui a voté quoi parmi les députés Le Monde.
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||french politician (La République En Marche!, LREM), Member of the National Assembly|
|DATE OF BIRTH||4. April 1962|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Enghien-les-Bains|