|Birthday||8. October 1991|
Baskets 98 Völklingen |
2009-2010 → TBB Trier Juniors (NBBL)
2010-2011 Saar-Pfalz Braves
2011-2012 BBC Amicale Steinsel
2012-2013 Baskets 98 Völklingen
2013-2014 VfL Kirchheim Knights
Since 2014 Uni Baskets Paderborn
Ivan Buntić (born 8 October 1991) is a Croatian-German basketball player. Buntić, whose parents Robert and Petrana Buntić were also successful basketball players, has played for various clubs in the second highest German men’s division ProA since 2010, interrupted by one season each in Luxembourg and with his parent club from Völklingen in Saarland. His brother Luka Buntić, who is two years younger, has already made individual appearances in the top division of the Basketball Bundesliga for the clubs TBB Trier and EWE Baskets Oldenburg.
Buntić grew up in Saarland after his parents settled there following their active careers. His father Robert, who played first-class for KK Zagreb in his native country zagreb in his home country, as well as in the 2nd Basketball Bundesliga for TSV Speyer, had found a job in Geislautern and, like his wife, later also worked as a basketball coach for, among others, the four-league team Baskets 98 from Völklingen. While Ivan was still coaching under the aegis of his father, he joined the junior team of the first division team TBB Trier in the junior basketball national league (NBBL) at the age of 18. By the end of the ProA 2009/10 season, he had already made his first three appearances for the Saar-Pfalz Braves from Homburg an der Saar, who were coached by his compatriot Nenad Josipović, in the second highest German men’s division. At the end of the season, the Braves finished in third place, just one win shy of a ranking that would have entitled them to sporting promotion. In the 2010/11 ProA season, in which Buntić made a further five short appearances for the Braves in the ProA, the Saarland team once again finished in the top third of the table in fifth place at the end of the season.
After Buntić’s development with the Braves stagnated during the 2010-11 season, he moved to the Luxembourg league for the 2011-12 season to join veteran club BBC Amicale of Steinsel. The club dropped from third in the main round to fifth in the final round, missing out on the play-offs for the championship. Buntić then returned to his parent club Baskets 98 in Völklingen, with whom he played in the fourth-tier Regionalliga in the 2012/13 season. In the 2013/14 ProA, Buntić made a new attempt in the second-highest division, where he was given a new chance under Serbian-born Branislav Ignjatović after an injury layoff. In Kirchheim he was used regularly, but hardly beyond a playing time of an average of just over six minutes per game. After a weak preseason, the Kirchheim team was able to finish the season in tenth place in the middle of the table, but missed out on the play-offs for promotion. For the following 2014/15 ProA season, Buntić moved to the league rivals finke baskets in Paderborn. At the former first division club, he almost doubled his average playing time and played over eleven minutes per game. The Paderborn team only managed to stay in the league by appealing against a game classification.
- Ivan Buntić – player profile on the BARMER 2nd Basketball Bundesliga (ProA and ProB) website
- Ivan Buntic joins the BRAVES squad.Schoenen-Dunk.de, March 4, 2010, retrieved May 30, 2015 (Saar-Pfalz Braves media info).
- Robert Buntic / European Cup Radivoj Korac 1993.FIBA Europe, retrieved 30 May 2015 (English, profile and individual statistics in the European Cup).
- The Buntic basketball family has been at home in Ludweiler for five years – and loves living there.(No longer available online.) Saarbrücker Zeitung, 23 January 2012, archived from.Original30 May2015; retrieved 30 May 2015.
- Player statistics – Ivan Buntic.(No longer available online.) Basketball Bundesliga, archived from the original on May 30,2015; retrievedMay 30, 2015 (profile on stats pages). Info: Thearchive link was automatically inserted and has not yet been checked. Please check original and archive link according to instructions, then remove this note.
- Sponsor meeting with two surprises.Kirchheim Knights, 26 June 2013, retrieved 30 May 2015 (media info).
- Matthias Wippermann:Inherited the talent of parents.Westfalen-Blatt, 24 October 2014, retrieved 30 May 2015.
- The finke baskets will not be relegated from the ProA!2nd Basketball Bundesliga, 11 May 2015, retrieved 30 May 2015 (media info).
|ALTERNATE NAMES||Buntic, Ivan (without diacritical marks)|
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||german basketball player|
|DATE OF BIRTH||8. October 1991|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||unsure: Zagreb, Croatia|