|Coat of arms||Map of Germany|
|Height:||312 m above sea level|
|Residents:||340[31 Dec, 2019]|
|Population Density:||66 Inhabitants per km2|
|Municipal Code:||07 3 36 043|
|Address of the association administration:||Schulstraße 6a
|Local Mayor:||Hans-Jürgen Reule|
|Location of the municipality Hohenöllen in the district Kusel|
Hohenöllen is a municipality in the district of Kusel in Rhineland-Palatinate. It belongs to the municipality of Lauterecken-Wolfstein.
The village is located on a high plateau above the Lauter Valley in the North Palatinate Mountains. To the northwest is Heinzenhausen, to the southeast Einöllen and to the southwest is Wolfstein. To Hohenöllen also belongs the residential place Sulzhof.
Hohenöllen was first mentioned in documents in the middle of the 12th century.
The local council in Hohenöllen consists of eight councillors elected in a majority vote at the local election on 26 May 2019, and the honorary local mayor as chairman.
Hans-Jürgen Reule became the local mayor of Hohenöllen on 6 February 2017. In the direct election on 26 May 2019, he was confirmed in office for another five years with a vote share of 81.54%. His predecessor Erich Wannenmacher, who had held the office for 32 years, had resigned for health reasons on 30 September 2016.
Economy and infrastructure
In the west runs the federal highway 270. In Heinzenhausen is a station of the Lautertalbahn.
- List of cultural monuments in Hohenöllen
– Collection of pictures
- Local municipality Hohenöllen on the pages of the municipality Lauterecken-Wolfstein
- Hohenöllen at regionalhistory.net
- Literature about Hohenöllen in the Rhineland-Palatinate State Bibliography
- Rhineland-Palatinate State Statistical Office – Population figures 2019, districts, municipalities, municipal associations (help on this).
- State Statistical Office of Rhineland-Palatinate (ed.) Official directory of municipalities and parts of municipalities. As of January 2019[2021 version available.]. P. 154 (PDF; 3 MB).
- The State Election Commissioner of Rhineland-Palatinate Local elections 2019, city and municipal council elections.
- Dietmar Fligg:Hohenöllen: Hans-Jürgen Reule elected local mayor.Die Rheinpfalz, 7 February 2017, retrieved 1 May 2020.
- The state election commissioner of Rhineland-Palatinate:Direct elections 2019.See Lauterecken-Wolfstein, Verbandsgemeinde, 16th line of results. Retrieved May 1, 2020.
- Wanted: New local mayor.Die Rheinpfalz, 6 October 2016, retrieved 1 May 2020.