Hermann Weiß (Eishockeyspieler)
Hermann “Harry” Weiß (born March 17, 1909; † unknown) was an Austrian ice hockey goaltender of the 1920s and 1930s
Life and career
Weiß was a goalie for the Vienna Ice Skating Club and on the Austrian national team at the 1928 Winter Olympics in St. Moritz and the 1936 Winter Olympics in Garmisch-Partenkirchen. The team around captain Hans Trauttenberg finished 7th in 1936 ex aequo with the Hungarian team.
He was of Jewish descent and fled from National Socialism to London in early 1939.
Successes and awards
- 1927 Gold medal at the European Championship
- 1930 Gold medal at the European Championship
- 1931 Bronze medal at the world championship
- Gold medal at the European Championship
- 10-times bearer of the International Badge of the ÖEHV
- Hannes Biedermann: Austria’s ice workers, Olympia and swastika, blog of 2 December 2013 at www.derstandard.at(Die fünf Ringe und das Hakenkreuz on derstandard.at)
- Hermann Weiß in the database of Olympedia.org (English)
- IIHF: IIHFMedia Guide & Record Book 2011. Moydart Press, 2010, ISBN 978-0-9867964-0-1, p. 564.
|ALTERNATE NAMES||Weiss, Hermann; Weiss, Harry|
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||Austrian ice hockey goalie|
|DATE OF BIRTH||17. March 1909|
|STERBEDATUM||20. Century or 21st century|