City of Stolpen
|Height:||325 m above sea level|
Heeselicht is a district of the town of Stolpen in the district of Sächsische Schweiz-Osterzgebirge in Saxony.
Heeselicht is located in the district of the same name in the south of the town of Stolpen east of Dresden, about halfway between Hohnstein Castle and Stolpen Castle. It is surrounded by the Hohnstein districts of Cunnersdorf in the east, Zeschnig in the south and Hohburkersdorf in the southwest. Adjacent to the west is the Dürrröhrsdorf-Dittersbach district of Stürza, to the north the Stolpen district of Langenwolmsdorf.
Heeselicht extends in a shallow valley hollow on the plateau to the right above the valley of the Polenz, which here marks the border with Hohnstein. In the extreme south of the area, near the mouth of the Gold River into the Polenz, stands the Heeselicht Mill. The valley section between the Scheibenmühle (belonging to Heeselicht) and the Bockmühle (belonging to Cunnersdorf), which is situated a little to the north of the mill, has been designated as a the nature reserve Märzenbecherwiesen
The village is surrounded by agricultural land. The most important elevation is the Steinberg to the east of the village with a height oflevel. North of Heeselicht stretches the Schwarze Busch, a wooded hill. The lowest point of the area is at the Heeselichtmühle at about sea level
The village is located just north of the so-called Lusatian Fault, which forms the boundary between the Elbe Sandstone Mountains and the West Lusatian Hills and Mountains built up of granite. In the consciousness of the population, however, the place belongs to Saxon Switzerland despite its natural features.
Most of the residential development extends within the village centre, as well as the small settlements adjoining it. Close to the northern boundary is the settlement Neuer Anbau. To the east of Heeselicht is Rölligs Kinderhof. In the north of the village the Heeselichter SV has its sports field.
The state road 161 runs through Heeselicht under the name Basteistraße. It connects Heeselicht via Dobra with Eschdorf, where it meets the state road 177. Today, the road from Heeselicht to Langenwolmsdorf also belongs to the S 161. It was previously dedicated as S 162. The municipal road from Heeselicht through the valley of the Gold River and the Polenz towards Hohnstein was part of the Großdeutschlandring, a race track inaugurated in 1939
The centre of Heeselicht is the square Am Markt. Here begin, among others, Scheibenmühlenstraße and Hofestraße, which run southeast through the village. Other named streets are Am Anbau and Napoleonstraße. Heeselicht is connected to the public transport system by the bus lines 232 (Helmsdorf-Langenwolmsdorf) of Müller Busreisen and 236 (Pirna-Sebnitz) of the RVSOE.
Heeselicht has the status of a locality with its own local council.
The place name Heeselicht was first mentioned in 1378 as “Heselich”. It is of German origin and means “settlement at the Haselgebüsch”. The village Oberhäslich near Dippoldiswalde has the same name origin, a similar one the Freital district Birkigt. Numerous forms of the place name have been handed down, including “Heselecht” and “Heßelicht”.
Heeselicht was established in the course of the German Eastern Settlement through clearing in the middle of a contiguous forest area on the northern edge of Saxon Switzerland. The inhabitants of Heeselicht lived mainly from agriculture; in 1764 they farmed seven hectares of 19 to 20 bushels each. In 1900, the village was surrounded by 359 hectares of wooded farmland.
In the 14th century Heeselicht belonged as a fief to the Meissen bishop Johann I von Isenburg. The village passed into the possession of Nikel von Hermsdorf in 1488. Until 1621 Heeselicht belonged to his descendants, after that the village belonged to Johann Georg I. The elector had an outwork built, which was inherited by the Stolpener Amtshauptmann Georg Hermann von Schweinitz in 1657. As his descendants, further members of the Schweinitz family remained in possession of the manor for a long time and exercised the landlordship. Around 1860 Ernst Käferstein was lord of Heeselicht.
Heeselicht was parished into the neighbouring Stürza; today it belongs to the parish of Stürza-Rathewalde. Already in the 16th century the Heeselichtmühle was mentioned.
In 1445 the administration of the village was incumbent on the Pflege, then in 1561 on the Amt Dresden. From the 17th to the middle of the 19th century Heeselicht was in the area of the district of Stolpen. In order to establish a shorter connection between Stolpen and Hohnstein – the road originally led via Hohburkersdorf – Napoleon Bonaparte had the road to Heeselicht relocated in 1813. Today it is called Napoleonstraße. In 1834 the village received market rights, which explains the name of the square Am Markt. On the basis of the Landgemeindeordnung of 1838 Heeselicht gained its independence as a rural municipality. In 1856 it belonged to the Hohnstein court office and then came to the Pirna administrative district, which was renamed the Pirna administrative district in 1939.
In 1933 and 1934, prisoners from the Hohnstein concentration camp had to perform extremely hard forced labor in the Heeselicht quarry.
From 1952, the then municipality of Heeselicht was part of the district of Sebnitz. On 1 January 1994, Heeselicht, Helmsdorf, Langenwolmsdorf, Rennersdorf-Neudörfel, Stolpen and Lauterbach merged to form the town of Stolpen. After the merger of the administrative districts of Pirna and Sebnitz with effect from 1 August 1994, Heeselicht belonged to the administrative district of Sächsische Schweiz, which merged with the new administrative district of Sächsische Schweiz-Osterzgebirge on 1 August 2008.
The manor house of the manor is empty (as of 2010).
|1620||11 possessed man, 3 gardeners, 25 cottagers, 14 residents|
|1764||12 possessed man, 24 gardeners, 17 cottagers|
- Around Stolpen and Neustadt (= Values of our homeland. Volume 17). 1.Edition. Akademie Verlag, Berlin 1970.
- Friedemann Klenke: Naturschutzgebiete in Sachsen. State Ministry for the Environment and Agriculture, Dresden 2008. p. 374f.
- heeselichter-sv.de(Memento of the Originals september 22, 2017 on the Internet Archive) Info:The archive linkwas automatically inserted and not yet checked. Please check original and archive link according to instructions and then remove this note.
- oberelbe.de(Memento of the Originals of 29 May 2011 in the Internet Archive) Info:The archive linkwas inserted automatically and not yet checked. Please check original and archive link according to instructions and then remove this note.
- Ernst Eichler/Hans Walther: Historisches Ortsnamenbuch von Sachsen. Vol. 1, Berlin 2001. p. 394ff.
- Hauptstaatsarchiv Dresden: Archive fonds 10274 – manor Heeselicht(page no longer retrievable, search web archives ) Info: Thelink was automatically marked as broken. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- oberelbe.de(Memento of the Originals of 25 July 2011 in the Internet Archive) Info:The archive linkwas inserted automatically and not yet checked. Please check original and archive link according to instructions and then remove this note.
- Territorial changes from 1 January 1994 to 31 December 1994.(PDF; 64 kB) Statistisches Landesamt des Freistaates Sachsen, p. 16, retrieved29 December 2012.
- Stolpen: Rittergut Heeselicht.In: Sachsens-Schlösser.de. Retrieved 5 October 2013.
– Collection of pictures, videos and audio files