Hans Waldmann (Politiker)
Hans Waldmann (* 31 October 1928 in Schilda) is a former economic official and politician of the Socialist Unity Party of Germany (SED) in the German Democratic Republic (GDR). The national laureate of the GDR was a member of the People’s Chamber from 1975 to 1989 and most recently general director of the lignite combine Senftenberg.
After the end of the Second World War, Waldmann, a farm worker, joined the SED in 1946 and the Free German Trade Union Federation (FDGB) in 1947. After vocational training as a miner, he studied at the Workers’ and Farmers’ Faculty from 1949 to 1951, where he obtained his university entrance qualification. Until 1956 he studied at the Mining Academy in Freiberg and became a graduate mining engineer and open-cast mine manager in the Burghammer and Welzow lignite mines and later technical manager in the Spreetal open-cast lignite mine. At the same time, from 1956 onwards, he was economic secretary of the SED industrial district administration Schwarze Pumpe in Hoyerswerda
From 1962 to 1966, Waldmann was Technical Director of the Association of Publicly Owned Companies (VVB) for Lignite in Cottbus. From 1963 to 1966 he was a member of the Cottbus district parliament. In 1966/67 he studied at the Party College of the CPSU in Moscow. From 1974 he was a member of the SED district leadership in Cottbus. In 1971 Waldmann became a successor candidate and in 1975, as successor to the late Otto Winzer, a member of the People’s Chamber, where he was a member of the Committee for Industry, Construction and Transport.
From 1967 to 1973 Waldmann was director for plan implementation and deputy general director of the Schwarze Pumpe gas combine, 1967/68 deputy combine director of the VEB Schwarze Pumpe combine, and from 1968 to 1973 director for extraction, deputy and temporarily acting general director and then until 1980 general director of the VVB Braunkohle in Senftenberg. From 1980 to 1989 he was general director of the Senftenberg lignite combine, which was created from the VVB. After the fall of the Berlin Wall and the peaceful revolution in the GDR, Waldmann retired.
- 1965 Honorary title of Meritorious Miner of the German Democratic Republic
- 1970 National Prize of the GDR III. class for science and technology
- 1981 Order Banner of Labour Level I
- 1981 Fatherland Order of Merit in bronze and later in silver
- 1988 Honorary title Hero of Labour
- Hagen Schwärzel: . In: Who was who in the GDR? 5th edition. Vol. 1. Ch. Links, Berlin 2010, ISBN 978-3-86153-561-4.
- Gabriele Baumgartner: Plaschke, Herbert. In: this, Dieter Hebig (ed.): Biographical Handbook of the SBZ/DDR. 1945-1990. Volume 2: Maassen – Zylla. K. G. Saur, Munich 1997, ISBN 3-598-11177-0, p. 973(online).
- Reiner Breuer: Jahrbuch für Wirtschaftsgeschichte 1983/4, Akademie-Verlag, Berlin 1983(online).
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||german politician (SED), member of the People’s Chamber, general director of various GDR combines|
|DATE OF BIRTH||31. October 1928|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Schilda (Brandenburg)|