Gō Koyama (jap. 小山 剛, Koyama Gō; born 18 April 1960 in Tokyo) is a Japanese legal scholar and professor of constitutional law at Keiō University (Tokyo).
From 1979 to 1986, Koyama studied law at Keiō University. From 1987, he spent two years as a DAAD scholarship holder at the University of Cologne (Chair of Klaus Stern).
From 1990 to 1993, Koyama taught at the Aichi Prefectural Women’s Short College (Nagakute). He then moved to the Faculty of Law at Meijō University (Nagoya), where he taught until March 2002. In 2001, Koyama was a visiting professor at the Albert Ludwigs University of Freiburg.
Since April 2002, Koyama has taught at Keiō University, where he was appointed full professor of constitutional law in 2004.
Koyama is currently a reviewer for the Japanese Research Society for German Constitutional Law(ドイツ憲法判例研究会, Doitsu kempō hanrei kenkyūkai), a member of the Commission on Human Rights of Broadcasting Ethics & Program Improvement Organization (BPO; 放送倫理・番組向上機構, Hōsō rinri bangumi kōjō kikō), and a permanent board member of the “Japanese Public Law Society”(日本公法学会, Nihon kōhōgakkai).
His research interests include:
- Fundamental Rights Theory
- Comparative constitutional law
- Police and regulatory law
- Media law
- Kihonken hogo no hōri(基本権保護の法理, “The fundamental duty to protect”). (Meijō University Faculty of Law Series Vol. 3). Seibundō, Tokyo 1998, ISBN 4-7923-0289-7.
- Kihonken no naiyō keisei: Rippō ni yoru kempō kachoku no jitsugen(基本権の内容形成-立法による憲法価値の実現, “The Formation of Fundamental Rights. On the realization of constitutional requirements through statutory law”). Shōgakusha, Tokyo 2004, ISBN 4-86031-025-X.
- “Kempōjō no kenri” no sahō(「憲法上の権利」の作法, “Schemata of ‘Basic Rights'”), 2nd edition. Shōgakusha, Tokyo 2011, ISBN 978-4-86031-088-2. (Korean edition translated by Min Byoungro (Hanja 閔炳老), Chonnam National University Press, Gwangju 2013, ISBN 978-89-6849-058-3)
- with Hideyuki Osawa (ed.): Shimin seikatsu no jiyū to anzen(市民生活の自由と安全, “Freedom and Security in Civil Life”). Seibundō, Tokyo 2006, ISBN 4-7923-0406-7.
|ALTERNATE NAMES||小山 剛 (Japanese)|
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||japanese jurist and university lecturer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||18. April 1960|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Tokyo|