FV Forward Faurndau
|Name||Football club Vorwärts Faurndau 1922 e.V.|
|Foundation||18. August 1922|
|First football team|
|Venue||Stadium Im Dittlau|
|League||District League A 3 Neckar/Fils|
The FV Vorwärts Faurndau is a football club from the district Faurndau, which belongs to Göppingen.
The association was founded in 1922 in the Gasthaus Traube. The first board of directors at that time had the idea for the unusual naming of the association, which even today is rather rare in the western states. Most of the documents were lost during the war years and after a fire in 1993
In 1971, the first men’s team managed to be promoted to the 2nd amateur league, and in the same year a women’s team was also founded. In the 1976/77 season, the men of FV Faurndau participated in the DFB Cup, but lost to FC Hanau 93 with 1:4. Two years later, the men had to be relegated to the newly formed Bezirksliga. After another relegation to the Kreisliga A Neckar/Fils, Staffel 3, the team played in the Bezirksliga again from the 2012/13 season until 2017/18. Since the 2018/19 season, the FVF again plays in the Kreisliga A Neckar/Fils.
Much more successful are the women and girls of FV Faurndau. The girls won the South German championship several times. In 1992/93, the women’s team took part in the DFB Cup, and in the 1995/96 season, the team was promoted to the Baden-Württemberg Football Oberliga for the first time. Until its withdrawal in the summer of 2016, the women’s team was a permanent fixture in the Oberliga.
On 19 August 2016, the club announced that the team had withdrawn completely from the top division for the 2016/17 season. The withdrawal was preceded by internal disputes.
- Irene Ann Ofori, Ghanaian national player
- Cecília Gáspár, Hungarian national player
- History on the website of FV Vorwärts Faurnau, retrieved 20 April 2015(Memento of the Originals of 19 June 2015 in the Internet Archive) Info:The archive linkwas inserted automatically and not yet checked. Please check original and archive link according to instructions and then remove this note.
- Neckar/Fils District League at www.fussball.de
- Württemberg book of the DSFS
- FV Faurndau announces withdrawal from women’s football Südwestpresse, 19 August 2016
- National player decorates Faurndau, Südwest Presse