Federal Party Congress of the AfD (April 2021)
The April 2021 party conference of the AfD took place on 10 and 11 April at the Messe Dresden during the COVID-19 pandemic. In addition to the resolution the election program for the Bundestag elections was also voted on a motion to vote against party leader Jörg Meuthen, who is criticized by parts of the party for his criticism of the far-right wing.
Presence party conference under Corona measures
Despite the tense Corona situation, the AfD is holding a presence party congress, while the other major parties are holding digital party congresses. For the approximately 600 delegates, as well as staff and members of the press, there is a mask requirement and distance rules at the party conference, but no testing requirement.
Despite opposition in parts of the party, no top candidates were elected for the 2021 federal election, as a majority opposed this in a previous member poll. Instead, the top candidates will be elected on a grassroots basis. Likewise, the referral of the motion to vote out party leader Jörg Meuthen was rejected by a large majority.
For the most part, however, it was a matter of shaping the election programme for the 2021 federal election, which is to be supplemented by the Corona policy, among other things.
- Livestream of the party conference on Sunday – Phoenix
- Livestream of the party conference on Monday (excerpt) – Phoenix
- Anne-Beatrice Clasmann:The AfD is threatened by the next personnel dispute.In: t-online. Telekom, 9 April 2021, retrieved 9 April 2021.
- AfD: 12th federal party conference in Dresden.In: Phoenix. 10 April 2017, retrieved 10 April 2021 (German).
- Demos expected on the sidelines of the AfD federal party conference in Dresden.In: mdr.de. MDR, 9 April 2021, retrieved 9 April 2021.
- Protests at the start of the AfD party conference in Dresden | MDR.DE.In: mdr.de. MDR, 10 April 2021, retrieved 10 April 2021.