Erika Schmollinger – birth name Koch – (born 25 June 1941 in Berkum (Peine)) is a German table tennis player with her performance peak in the 1960s. She participated in a world championship.
Under her birth name Koch, Schmollinger began her career with the club VfB Peine, where she achieved her first successes at the youth level. In 1955 she won the German youth championship in doubles with Oda Mielenhausen, one year later she finished second with Hannelore Dudek. In 1958 she won the doubles title again together with Ev-Kathlen Zemke. In 1955 she reached the semi-finals at the European Youth Championships in singles. Two years later she became European Youth Champion in doubles with Ev-Kathlen Zemke and in mixed with Gregor Schwaning. In the singles she was second behind Heide Dauphin.
In 1959, she participated in the German national championship for the first time. Later she reached the doubles semi-finals twice, in 1961 with Helga Scheithe and in 1972 with Hannelore Schneider. In 1962 she changed to SSV Reutlingen 05. In the 1965/66 season she finished seventh in the national ranking tournament and reached the final of the German Cup with the women’s team of Württemberg-Hohenzollern.
In 1969 Schmollinger was nominated for the individual competitions of the World Championship in Munich. Here she reached the round of the last 64 in the singles. In the doubles with Hannelore Schneider (men) she failed in the preliminary round against Judith Williams/Jill Shirley from England.
Erika Schmollinger has been playing tennis at TC SSV Reutlingen since 1973.
In May 1963, Erika Koch married Oskar Schmollinger, a table tennis player from Reutlingen.
Results from the ITTF database
|FRG||European Youth Championship (Juniors)||1957||Donaueschingen||FRG||Silver||Gold||Gold|
|FRG||European Youth Championship (Juniors)||1955||Ruit-Stuttgart||FRG||Semifinals|
|FRG||World Cup||1969||Munich||FRG||last 64||Agony||Agony|
- Team registration 2012 of the tennis club TC SSV Reutlingen (retrieved on 13 May 2012)
- Manfred Schäfer: A Game for Life. 75 years DTTB. (1925–2000). Published by the German Table Tennis Association DTTB, Frankfurt am Main 2000, ISBN 3-00-005890-7, p. 168
- European Youth Championships (retrieved 7 January 2016)
- Magazine DTS, 1959/3 p. 4
- http://www.hameyer.eu/dttb/dttb-d-h.pdf (retrieved 12 November 2010)
- Magazine DTS, 1962/13 p. 2
- Engagement: DTS Magazine, 1962/21 p. 9
- Erika Schmollinger results from the ITTF database on ittf.com (retrieved 10 September 2011)
|ALTERNATE NAMES||Koch, Erika (maiden name)|
|SHORT DESCRIPTION||german table tennis player|
|DATE OF BIRTH||25. June 1941|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Berkum (Peine)|