The term denomination describes the explicit definition of a professorship. The denomination clearly indicates the field of work in which the holder of the professorship conducts research and teaches.
The denomination is determined by the university management together with the department in line with the development planning for the vacancy and named in the job advertisement. At some universities, the decision is made by the academic senate. Professorships can be differentiated according to partial or full denomination.
- Scientific discipline pedagogy, denominations (excerpt): general pedagogy, intercultural pedagogy, school pedagogy
- Scientific discipline business administration, denominations (excerpt): finance, management science, materials management, marketing, controlling
- Scientific discipline chemistry, denominations (excerpt): general chemistry, biochemistry, chemical engineering, inorganic and analytical chemistry, physical chemistry, environmental chemistry
In the case of a partial denomination, a task definition is formulated as an addition. Example formulations are “professorship for […] with the focus on […]” or with “special consideration of […]”.
- Archived copy(Memento of Originals january 17, 2013 on the Internet Archive) Info:The archive linkwas automatically inserted and not yet checked. Please check original and archive link according to instructions and then remove this notice. (PDF file; 66 kB) Professurenspiegel Hochschule Anhalt.
- Margret Kraul, Hans Merkens, Rudolf Tippelt (eds.): Datenreport Erziehungswissenschaft 2006. Wiesbaden: VS Verl. für Sozialwissenschaften 2006.