The German administrative district of Bischofteinitz existed in the period from 1938 to 1945, and included on January 1, 1945:
- 3 cities: Bischofteinitz, Hostau and Ronsperg
- 3 markets: Eisendorf, Muttersdorf and Weißensulz
- 88 other municipalities.
On December 1, 1930, the area of Bischofteinitz County had 35,198 inhabitants, on May 17, 1939, 33,484, and on May 22, 1947, 16,458.
Czechoslovakia / German Occupation
Before the Munich Agreement of 29 September 1938, the political districts of Domažlice and Horšovský Týn belonged to Czechoslovakia.
In the period from October 1 to 10, 1938, German troops entered the area in accordance with the Munich Agreement. The political districts of Domažlice (partly) and Horšovský Týn (partly) henceforth bore the former German-Austrian designations Taus and Bischofteinitz. The political district of Bischofteinitz comprised the judicial districts of Bischofteinitz (in part), Hostau and Ronsperg. The remainder of the political district Taus comprised parts of the judicial district Taus (without the village Taus). Since November 20, 1938, the political districts of Bischofteinitz and Taus were called “Landkreis”. Until that day, they were under the command of the Commander-in-Chief of the Army, Colonel General Walther von Brauchitsch, as the head of the military administration.
On November 21, 1938, the area of the districts of Bischofteinitz and Taus was formally incorporated into the German Reich and became part of the administrative district of the Sudeten German territories under the Reich Commissar Konrad Henlein.
The seat of the district administration became the town of Bischofteinitz.
As of April 15, 1939, the Law on the Structure of the Administration in the Reichsgau Sudetenland (Sudetengau Law) was in effect. According to this law, the districts of Bischofteinitz and Taus became part of the Reichsgau Sudetenland and were assigned to the new administrative district of Eger with the seat of the district president in Karlsbad.
On May 1, 1939, a reorganization of the partially divided districts in the Sudetenland was decreed. According to this, the district of Bischofteinitz remained in its previous borders. It received parts of the district Taus, while the rest of it was incorporated into the state of Bavaria, administrative district Lower Bavaria-Upper Palatinate.
On July 15, 1939, the municipality of Nimvorgut was transferred from the district of Bischofteinitz to the district of Markt Eisenstein/Bavaria by way of a border adjustment. It remained in this state until the end of the Second World War.
Since 1945, the area belonged to Czechoslovakia until its dissolution. Today it is part of the Czech Republic.
- 1938-1939: Heinz Wirsching
- 1939-9999: Helmut Liese(acting)
- 1939-1945: Heger
Already on the day before the formal incorporation into the German Reich, namely on November 20, 1938, all municipalities were subjected to the German Municipal Code of January 30, 1935, which provided for the implementation of the Führer principle at the municipal level. Henceforth, the designations customary in the previous Reich territory applied, namely instead of:
- Local: Municipality,
- Market municipality: Markt,
- Municipality: City,
- Political district: County.
The previous place names continued to apply, namely in the German-Austrian version of 1918.
Cities and municipalities
- Old Gramatin
- Greater Gorshin
- Greater Malowa
- High Semlowitz
- Little Malova
- Little Semlowitz
- Love was
- Measuring neck
- New building
- New Gramatin
- Upper Medelzen
- Swan Bridge
- Water Trumpets
- White Sulz
- Personnel file at the Bavarian Main State Archives
- reorganized into the district of Markt Eisenstein/Bavaria on 15 July 1939
- District Bischofteinitz
- Landkreis Bischofteinitz administrative history and the Landräte on the website territorial.de (Rolf Jehke), as of 28 August 2013.
- Michael Rademacher:German administrative history from the unification of the German Reich in 1871 to the reunification in 1990. District of Bischofteinitz.online dissertation material, Osnabrück 2006).
- Bischofteinitz home district