|Department (No)||Calvados (14)|
|Community association||Intercom de la Vire au Noireau|
|Inhabitants||6.524 (January 1, 2018)|
|Population density||103 inhabitants/km²|
|Postal code||14110, 14770|
View of Condé-sur-Noireau,
Administrative seat of Condé-en-Normandie
Condé-en-Normandie is a commune in the Calvados department in the Normandy region in north-central France with a population of 6,524 as of 1 January 2018. It is part of the arrondissement of Vire and the canton of Condé-sur-Noireau.
It was created as a Commune nouvelle with effect from 1 January 2016 by merging the former communes of Condé-sur-Noireau, La Chapelle-Engerbold, Lénault, Proussy, Saint-Germain-du-Crioult and Saint-Pierre-la-Vieille, which have the status of Commune déléguée in the new commune. The administrative seat is in the village of Condé-sur-Noireau.
|Area (km²)||Population as of
January 1, 2018
|Condé-sur-Noireau (administrative headquarters)||14174||12,46||4.551|
Condé-en-Normandie is located about 40 kilometers south of Caen. The municipal area is crossed by the rivers Noireau and Druance.
Places of interest
Saint Martin Church
Manor house in Condé-sur-Noireau
Church of Saint-Gerbold
Church Notre Dame
Church of Saint-Pierre
– Collection of images, videos and audio files
- Decree N° 80-15 of the Prefecture on the creation of the Commune nouvelle Condé-en-Normandie of 1.12.2015.
- current population figures according to INSEE
- Church L’Assomption-de-Notre-Dame in the Palissy database of the French Ministry of Culture (French)
- Saint-Pierre Church in the Palissy Base of the French Ministry of Culture (French)