Calderstones House in Calderstones Park in Liverpool (GB) was built in 1828 by the munitions manufacturer Joseph Need Walker. In 1875 the property was purchased by Charles MacIver for £52,000. MacIver was a well-known shipping magnate who, with Samuel Cunard, founded the British and North American Royal Steam Packet Company, later known as the Cunard Line. MacIver retired from the business in 1874 and his sons Henry and Charles took over his business ventures. In 1902 the family sold Calderstones to Liverpool Corporation for £43,000.
Today the building houses Liverpool City Council’s Recreation and Open Spaces Department. It is a Grade II listed building of outstanding architectural and historic interest on the Statutory List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest.