Browns Bay (Antarctica)
Map of Laurie Island with Browns Bay (top center)
|Landmass||Laurie Island, South Orkney Islands|
Browns Bay is a 2.5 km wide bay on the north coast of Laurie Island in the South Orkney archipelago between Pirie Peninsula to the west and Ferguslie Peninsula to the east. Its entrance lies between Thomson Point to the west and Cape Geddes to the east.
Participants of the Scottish National Antarctic Expedition (1902-1904) mapped the bay in 1903, and expedition leader William Speirs Bruce named it after Scottish botanist Robert Neal Rudmose Brown (1879-1957), a member of the expedition.