Article

Read

Allée couverte Le Blanc Val

from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The small Allée couverte Le Blanc Val (also Allée couverte du Blanc Val – German “White Valley”) was discovered in 1949 by a farmer south of Presles in the department of Val-d’Oise in France while ploughing, first secretly investigated and then excavated and placed under protection in 1951. Found were 21 skeletons, polished axes of flint and greenstone, and flint blade knock-offs. Among the objects were also those made of bone and antler, as well as pottery shards from the Neolithic period.

The chamber consists of nine load-bearing stones. The door stone, broken horizontally at ⅔ of its height, with a soul hole 50 cm in diameter, separates the chamber from the antechamber, which is about one metre long and consists of three load-bearing stones. All the capstones are missing. The gallery tomb, about 1.3 m high, is in the style of the Seine-Oise-Marne culture and has a length of 4.6 m and a width of 1.4 m. The entrance area is located in the southeast of the chamber. The access area is located to the southeast. It is currently about one metre below ground level. It was probably at ground level in the past. Access must have been from above.

Nearby are the gallery tomb Dolmen de la Pierre Plate and, southwest of the village of La Croix, the Pierre Turquaise.

Web links

Commons: Allée couverte Le Blanc Val– Collection of images, videos and audio files

Coordinates 49° 6′ 13″ N, 2° 17′ 0.6″ E