Article

Read

Air Creebec

from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Air Creebec
Ehemaliges Logo der Air Creebec
De Havilland DHC-8-100 der Air Creebec
IATA code: YN
ICAO code: CRQ
Call sign: CREE
Foundation: 1982
Seat: Val-d’Or,

CanadaKanada Canada

Turnstile:
  • Val-d’Or
  • Montréal-Trudeau
  • Waskaganish
Home base: Val-d’Or
Type of company: Inc.
Management: Albert Diamond (President)
Frequent Flyer Program: Aeroplan
Fleet Strength: 18
Objectives: National
Website: aircreebec.ca

Air Creebec is a Canadian regional airline based in Val-d’Or, Québec and based at Val-d’Or Airport.

History

Air Creebec was founded in June 1982 and made its maiden flight on July 1, 1982. At that time, the company was 51% owned by the Crees, with the remaining 49% owned by Austin Airways. In 1988, the Crees bought out all of the airline’s stock, making them the sole owner.

Destinations

Air Creebec operates scheduled and charter flights within Québec and Ontario.

Fleet

Hawker Siddeley HS 748F of the Air Creebec

A former Beechcraft 1900D of the Air Creebec

As of August 2019, Air Creebec’s fleet consists of 18 aircraft.[1] Soon, however, the Hawker Siddeley HS 748s will be replaced by Boeing 737-700s.[2]

Aircraft type active ordered Notes Seats[1]
De Havilland DHC-8-100 14 29
37
De Havilland DHC-8-300 02 50
Hawker Siddeley HS 748F 02 Freighters – –
Total 18

Current special paintings

Painting[3] Aircraft type Aircraft registration Period Image
It’s going to be OK De Havilland DHC-8-300 C-GZEW since April 2020

Incidents

  • On October 25, 2007, an Air Creebec Beechcraft A100 King Air (aircraft registration C-FNIF) crashed on approach to Chibougamau Airport. After the crew aborted the first approach attempt, the aircraft crashed onto the runway on the second attempt. The aircraft caught fire and did not come to rest until 550 feet later, 50 feet after the end of the runway. Both occupants were killed.[4][5]

See also

  • List of airlines
  • Centre Air Creebec

Web links

Commons: Air Creebec– Collection of images, videos and audio files

Individual references

  1. a b Plane Archive – Air Creebec.Retrieved August 29, 2019 (English).
  2. FLUG REVUE – Aviation News – FLUG REVUE.November 14, 2018, accessed November 9, 2019.
  3. Air Creebec Fleet Details and History.Retrieved 16 April 2021 (English).
  4. Flight accident data and report Beechcraft King Air C-FNIF in Aviation Safety Network (English), retrieved on 24 March 2021.
  5. Aviation Investigation Report A07Q0213.In:Transportation Safety Board of Canada. 7 October 2008, retrieved 24 March 2021 (English).